“Apptio Community” Peer-Based Customer Site Features Forums, User Groups, Learning Center, Videos and Knowledgebase for IT Financial Management Professionals
Seattle, Wash. – December 15, 2011 – Apptio, the leading provider of on-demand Technology Business Management (TBM) solutions, today announced the availability of the Apptio Community site. The new online peer-based site will provide Apptio customers with exclusive access to dynamic forums, web-based training, and other networking resources to share best practices, gain insight into TBM implementations, ask questions directly to other TBM practitioners or product experts, and learn about new product capabilities.
“Having achieved a critical mass of Fortune 1000 end-users who are at various stages of maturity, we recognized that our users would find significant value in sharing best practices and being able to interact directly with one another and recognized experts,” said Chris Pick, chief marketing officer at Apptio. “Coupled with other resources like the CIO TBM Council and Apptio University, the Apptio Community will further our mission of helping IT organizations become more fully aligned with their peers in the business.”
Key features on the new Apptio Community website include:
- Community Forums: Customer forums serve as a starting point for users to get answers from seasoned Apptio product experts and ask questions about the Apptio platform as well as specific applications and use cases.
- Learning Center: Apptio University, the educational arm of Apptio, has produced dozens of instructional videos that feature Apptio trainers conducting hands-on tutorials. These informative videos are designed for busy professionals, featuring a learn-at-your-own-pace curriculum that provides users with foundational knowledge about the Apptio platform and applications.
- Product Notifications: Users who join the Community can watch hands-on training videos on the latest product features, learn about product upgrade opportunities, log support and trouble-tickets, and provide direct feedback for new feature requests to the Apptio product development team.
- Groups: The Apptio Community will allow users to subscribe to specific “Groups,” based on their area of interest, practice area, or geographic location. This allows customers to follow and participate in discussion threads most relevant to their work.
- Structured Knowledgebase: As more customers participate in forums and groups, more knowledge is created. The Apptio Community automatically archives and indexes all content, making the most relevant information easily searchable. In addition, the most popular discussions will be elevated to the top of each forum, allowing newer users to access the most important information quickly.
- Secured Portals: In order to securely collaborate with one another, users are able to access protected portals within the Apptio Community. With this capability, customers have the flexibility to collaborate with team members in a fully secured online environment.
For more information, or to register to access the Apptio Community website, visit https://support.apptio.com.
Apptio is the leading independent provider of on-demand Technology Business Management (TBM) solutions for managing the business of IT. Apptio enables IT leaders to manage the cost, quality and value of IT Services by providing deep visibility into the total cost of IT services, communicating the value of IT to the business through an interactive Bill of IT™, and strategically aligning the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes. Apptio’s TBM solutions play a critical role in helping companies understand and drive chargeback, virtualization, cloud and other key technology initiatives. Global enterprise customers such as Bank of America, Boeing, JPMorgan Chase, Microsoft, St. Luke’s Health System, and Swiss Re rely on Apptio® products and services to reduce costs and align IT with business priorities. For more information, visit the Apptio website or the Apptio blog.
Barokas PR for Apptio